This is just a blog for thoughts - songs that are speaking to me, pics from where I've been today, or projects on the drawing board. Just a random outlet. An area of free association. Comments welcome - though anon's are discouraged please. Enjoy your stay & come again. Please note: The content of this blog does not represent the views of any organisations to which I belong. disclaimer
the pirate girl
coeval happenings reading: Moab is my Washpot - Stephen Fry listening to:Napalm & Silly Putty - George Carlin travelling/staying in:SA, NSW & Vic - depending when you catch me
today i met up with a friend who isnt doing so well in her relationship cos he lives far away, so she asked me to make a compilation CD of songs to send him, and we met today so i could give her the CD and she could mail it away to him.
one of her friends 'tiger lilly' bumped into us and we chattered a bit, and she was very quiet and a bit.... umm... airy? like... yeah. odd.
then we went on the post office. at first we couldnt find padded bags so i left the line to find one and brought it back, bumping into people and things. then i picked up a book that was for sale on the table beside me, read the title aloud, opened it, turned to the first page and read *ahem* "one day the little white dog was walking down montgomery street" and read to my friend and the other people in the line,
at the end of the page i made the bbbbrrrrriiiiiiiing sound and announced to turn the page. after a few pages it was our turn and we stepped up, and she paid for her mail.
as she was filling in the address etc at the desks i sat in the chair by the door and looked up at the surveillence monitor and yelled 'hey im on tv!' and danced in my seat. I ended my 'show' by thanking the academy.
after a side trip for smoothies, where we flipped thru the empty pages of the birthday cake display book discussing which invisible cakes looked the best, my friend went to work and i set off for the shop. as i went to go thru the swingy gate thing i saw an eldery man struggling with two carts stuck together.
i put my hand on his shoulder and said id help. i separated and dispersed carts to about 3 people after him before deciding it was time to go inside.
when i walked thru the swingy gate, a girl was waiting at the checkout and was staring at me. our eyes met and then we looked away and when i looked back again as i passed her she was looking at me again. I looked around a bit, shrugged, gave a little wave and said "uh hi?". she sorta giggled and said hi back, and i shrugged her off and kept walking thinking, how very strange.
when i left the store i passed my friends shop, stepped in, blew her kiss, gave a little wave, and walked on to the library to pick up a book carly had spotted for me.
The phone rings in the dead of night.
Hi, Ma? Yes its me. No, no I'm alright...
I know it's been awhile since we spoke heart to heart
but I been thinking tonight and it's a little bit hard
to say after so long that I'm not sorry at all.
Yes, that's right, I'm not. Not sorry at all.
No, Ma. Wake up please, you're not listening to me.
I said I'm not, hear me? Not. I just had to be free.
I know I broke your heart when I'd promised I wouldnt,
but I was young, mother, then and I thought that I couldnt.
Okay so I didnt leave in the best of moods.
I admit that. I know, it mustnt have been good.
But you had him, your son, to lean on, to speak.
Ever since he was young, he's held you up, weak.
When I left I wanted to take him too,
If not to save him then at least to hurt you.
And while I was out, getting drunk, getting sold
The torment you gave him put his own life on hold.
When you fell down, he took your hand.
He carried you though he could barely stand.
And what reward then, did you give him sweet mother?
But to punish one child for the sake of another.
I'm not coming home, Ma. Not now. Not ever.
The way that you think will scar me forever.
And while I cry for the baggage you gave me to stack.
I'm cowardly enough to run on, not looking back.
Sure, I'm a hypocrite, I could save him and more.
But I've no nerve left to come back to your door.
Yep I'm a big girl now, how far I've come
to turn, drop my head, tuck tail and run.
Ma? Are you there? Are you even still awake?
I guess it was silly calling so late.
And maybe this would've worked better if I'd chosen to write
Or if I'd dialled your number...
a sexy young girl, just gone 21 years of age, stepped out of her friend's house where she had been visiting and walked to her car parked out front. across the road 3 younger schoolgirls, all no more than 15 years of age, were waving madly at passing cars and calling out 'hello!!' excitedly and giggling at the resulting confused expression that crossed their victims' faces.
as the first, sexier girl got into the car she heard the young schoolgirls approaching. she turned the key in the ignition and wound down her window and reversed out of the guest driveway.
the schoolgirls called out from across the road "HELLO!" and waved.
the sexy girl immediately called back 'Oh hi!! how are you?? how's billy? is he doing good?'
the schoolgirl's smiles faded.
'has he gotten over that nasty bout of the crabs yet?'
they stood there dumbfounded.
'tell him that the cream *will* help him, wont you?'
they looked at each other.
the first sexy girl laughed quietly to herself, then dropped her little red car into first gear and drove home to blog about it.
1.Copy and Paste in your blog
2. BOLD anything true
3. Leave plain anything untrue
4. Add a new one to the end
001. I miss somebody right now. 002. I watch more tv than I used to.
003. I love olives. 004. I love sleeping. 005. I own lots of books. 006. I wear glasses or contact lenses.
007. I love to play video games.
008. I’ve tried marijuana. 009. I’ve watched porn movies. 010. I have been in a threesome. (Sort of)
011. I have been the psycho-ex in a past relationship.
012. I believe honesty is the best policy. 013. I have acne free skin.
014. I like and respect Al Sharpton.(i dont know who that is)
015. I curse frequently. 016. I have changed a lot mentally over the last year.
017. I have a hobby. 018. I’ve been told I have a nice butt.
019. I carry my knife/razor everywhere with me.
020. I’ve never broken anyone else’s bones. 022. I have a secret that I am ashamed to reveal.
023. I love rain. 024. I’m paranoid at times. 025. I would get plastic surgery if it were 100% safe, free of cost, and scar-free.
026. I need money right now.
027. I love sushi.
028. I talk really, really fast sometimes. 029. I have fresh breath in the morning.
030. I have semi-long hair.
031. I have lost money in Las Vegas.
032. I have at least one brother and/or sister.
033. I was born in a country outside of the U.S.
034. I shave my legs. 035. I have a twin.
037. I couldn’t survive without Caller I.D.
038. I like the way that I look. 039. I have lied to a good friend in the past 6 months.
040. I know how to do cornrows.
041. I am usually pessimistic.
042. I have mood swings.
043. I think prostitution should be legalized. 044. I think Britney Spears is pretty.
045. I have cheated on a significant other.
046. I have a hidden talent.
047. I’m always hyper no matter how much sugar I have.
048. I think that I’m popular.
049. I am currently single. 050. I have kissed someone of the same sex.
051. I enjoy talking on the phone. 052. I practically live in sweatpants or PJ pants.
053. I love to shop. 054. I would rather shop than eat.
055. I would classify myself as ghetto.
056. I’m bourgie and have worn a sweater tied around my shoulders.
057. I’m obsessed with my LJ blog!
058. I don’t hate anyone.
059. I’m a pretty good dancer.
060. I don’t think Mike Tyson raped Desiree Washington….. I don’t care
061. I’m completely embarrassed to be seen with my mother.
062. I have a cell phone. 063. I watch MTV on a daily basis
065. I have passed out drunk in the past 6 months.
067. I have never been in a real relationship before. 068. I’ve rejected someone before. 069. I currently have a crush on someone.
070. I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life. 071. I want to have children in the future
072. I have changed a diaper before. 073. I’ve had the cops called on me before.
074. I bite my nails.
075. I am a member of the Tom Green fan club.
076. I’m not allergic to anything deadly.
077. I have a lot to learn. 078. I have dated someone at least 10 years older or younger.
079. I plan on seeing Ice Cube’s newest “Friday” movie.
080. I am very shy around the opposite sex.
081. I’m online 24/7, even as an away message.
082. I have at least 5 away messages saved.
083. I have tried alcohol before. 084. I have made a move on a friend’s significant other in the past.
085. I own the “SOUTH PARK” movie. 086. I have avoided assignments to be on Xanga or Livejournal my blog.
087. When I was a kid I played “the birds and the bees” with a neighbor or chum.
088. I enjoy country music.
089. I love my best friend. 090. I think that Pizza Hut has the best pizza.
091. I watch soap operas whenever I can.
092. I’m obsessive, anal retentive, and often a perfectionist.
093. I have used my sexuality to advance my career. 094. I love Michael Jackson, scandals and all.
095. I know all the words to Slick Rick’s “Children’s Story".
096. Halloween is awesome because you get free candy.
097. I watch Spongebob Squarepants and I like it.
098. I have dated a close friend’s ex.
099. I’m happy as of this moment.
100. I have gone scuba diving.
101. Had a crush on somebody you have never met. 102. I’ve kissed someone I knew I shouldn’t.
103. I play a musical instrument.
104. I strongly dislike math.
105. I’m procrastinating on something right now.
106. I own and use a library card. 107. I fall in “lust” more than in “love.”
108. Cheese enchiladas rock my socks.
109. I think The Lord of the Rings is one of the greatest things ever.
110. I’m obsessed with the tv show “Lost.”
111. I am resentful that I have to grow up. 112. I am an entirely different person around different people.
113. I think the world would be a better place if people just smiled more often. 114. I think ramen is the best kind of food in the whole world.
115. I am suffering of a broken heart. 116. I am a nerd. and proud of it!!
117. No matter where I am or who I’m with, I always seem to be lonely.
118. I am left handed and proud of it.
119. I don’t change who I am for someone else. 120. My heart resides below my feet.
121. I am a Senior in High School.
122. I enjoy smoothies. 123. I have gastritis.
124. I have nothing better to do with my time. 125. I am listening to Radiohead right now.
126. Most people call me by my middle name.
127. I once stole a music stand.
128. Pi confuses me. 129. I love NASCAR!
130. I own over 200 CDs.
131. I work 7 days a week. (and i dont get paid for it) 132. I have mono. (Mono .NET, punk!)
132. I don’t have the ability to make decisions without changing my mind.
133. People tell me I have a horrible sense of humor.
134. I’m only wearing underwear.
135. I had more than one Thanksgiving dinner this year.
136. I’ve drove to a different state to see a band I like.
137. I am the most overanalytical person I know.
138. I believe in wasting time. 139. I don’t listen to much music.
140. I have a shoe fetish.
141. My favorite holiday isn’t Christmas. 142. I prefer weeks off of work instead of days here and there.
143. I love sex 144. I wanna go home
145. I don’t know what I would do without my friends. 146. Christmas threw up in my dorm room and I love it.
147. Friends is my favorite TV show.
148. I can touch my nose with my tongue.
149. On most days, I like my job.
150. I need a new piercing or tattoo
151. Been embarrassed by the number of people you’ve slept with.
152. I still use the phrase “When I grow up” 153. I have a need to use phrases and words from the 80’s to “relive my youth.”
154. I’ve given birth without pain killers of any sort.
155. I would do anything for my husband.
156. I go to the gun range to relieve frustration. haha
157. My name is Mindy, but I’ve never met Mork.
158. I want to get my drivers lisence next year.
159. My passion is art
160. 160 questions was a waste of my time. 161. I unicycle.
162. it's been 2 years since i've been to the big day out
163. I believe I'll never truly be happy because I can't do what I truly love.
164. Am here, am queer and am used to it.
What are the first ten random songs on your computer/MP3 player?
1. Jack Johnson - Cookie Jar
2. JET - Get Me Outta Here
3. ummm? - Bold and The Beautiful
4. Split Enz - I See Red
5. Urge Overkill - Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon
6. Dashboard Confessional - Best Deceptions
7. Aretha Franklin - Think
8. You Am I - Guys, Girls, Guitars
9. Cake - Italian Leather Sofa
10. Ben Folds - Not The Same
What is the total amount of music files on your computer? 613 (2.59GB)... but i've only just started getting them on here.
The last CD you bought is: Missy Higgins - Sound of White (mmmmmmm missy higgins...)
Write down five songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
1. Missy Higgins - The Special Two
2. Ben Folds - Best Imitation Of Myself
3. Dashboard Confessional - Best Deceptions
4. William Shatner(ft. Aimee Mann & Ben Folds)- That's me trying
5. Jack Johnson - Coocoon
Who are you gonna pass this stick to (three people and why): whoever wants it!
probably carly cos she's a music junkie - the groupie girl.
kirsty cos, well, she advertised for musicians to be her soulmate or something :P
and,... umm... Maz cos he just logged on and he's more musically talented than me... he can fill it in in the comment box :)
i went to see "doc" again today. i've decided i dont like him.
i've also decided that i like the band Antigone Rising after hearing some of their songs whilst surfing about.
Explanation: i searched for 'bloodshot' to get the above pic and hit their page cos one of their songs is called Bloodshot. I like them :) You can hear some of their stuff here.
what was i talking about? oh yeah, my session with Doc.
i'd rather go see a lady doc. he mumbles alot and gives me this look i dont like. not only that, but he's a bit dismissive too and im awkward talking to him. and anyont that knows me knows that talking is something i dont often have trouble with. he just makes me feel stupid. especially when he overexplains things and actually ends up making them seem more complicated than they are, and its only because i've somewhat studied the sort of things he talks about that i follow him at all.
ok, feeling kinda... i dunno... "fuzzy" now.
i'm a healthy bunny - stroke my long furry ears and play with my silky whiskers. heeheehee that got me thru the day friday.
sorry, thats a bit of a visual joke Ember and i had. it is funny tho.
I saw either a large bunny or a small hare run across the farm on Sunday. he was beautiful.
"Bunnies are for petting, Rabbits are for eating sometimes. You can NEVER serve up Bunny for dinner, only Rabbit."