This is just a blog for thoughts - songs that are speaking to me, pics from where I've been today, or projects on the drawing board. Just a random outlet. An area of free association. Comments welcome - though anon's are discouraged please. Enjoy your stay & come again. Please note: The content of this blog does not represent the views of any organisations to which I belong. disclaimer
the pirate girl
coeval happenings reading: Moab is my Washpot - Stephen Fry listening to:Napalm & Silly Putty - George Carlin travelling/staying in:SA, NSW & Vic - depending when you catch me
involved a 2 hour drive before dawn, setting up and packing up 4 times, elderly meddlers, no one knowing what they're doing or where I'm supposed to be, a fire drill, having partition boards fall on me and bruising my leg, and discovering that a custodial hang-out can be successfully disguised as a management office.
and yet I'm still laughing and saying 'yeah that all you got?!?!' to the sky.
This morning I woke up and thought: 'All I want to do is curl up and watch Wizard of Oz'. But I didn't have it. So instead I did what I had to do; I went to the doctor's office. Then I went to the bank to put a cheque in and got myself a smoothie and then went for a peruse and Kmart and GUESS WHAT DVD WAS HALF PRICE?!?!
I miss you Ten years have gone by. Again, I have short scruffy hair parted on the left. I still have that purple longsleeve top. That painting is still hanging on that wall. But you're not there to comfort me when I need you anymore. I love you.
I apologise in advance. Everything is pissing me off at the moment.
Though I didn't hook up, I sure was fucked around. So that's something festering momentarily in the back of my head. "Give me my money back, give me my money back you bitch." - Ben Folds Five.
It seemed that the last day working in Mt Gambier was when all the little shits and other such retards came out of the woodwork.
And yeah remember how I said my stupid cousin lived here? Well guess who was one of my customers? She was so fucking annoying I was going to either cancel the sitting or yell at her for being an insipid wench. Both would have been rather satisfying.
"Why didn't you call me when you got into town?" How do you politely say "Cos I don't want anything to do with you..." ?
"I'm a bit annoyed you didn't call me..." "Well you can be as annoyed as you like but that won't change anything now will it?"
I hated being on the clock and not being able to speak freely to her; To tell her I thought she was a moron and didn't want to even be associated with her; That I think her and her family are all fucktards and it's best they live so far away; And that 'I don't care what you think, I'm telling you these rules for the photo-sitting because they are the rules and I don't care if we're related, you WILL follow them or I will refuse to proceed'.
I had planned on a short sidetrip for tonight across the border, but after the unfortunate series of events, I was happy to put the inbred town to my rudder and spend today sailing home.
The last time I spoke to someone (in person) that wasn't a complete cunting fucktard was on Tuesday. That's far too long. I'm going to see if Katie's home.
1. What time did you get up this morning? I got a sleep-in cos the library I'm at today got times wrong so I came in late! Woohoo to them!
2. Diamonds or pearls? Niether, but if you had to give me anything, diamonds - they're apparently a girl's best friend and who am I to argue?.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest! Yaaaaaaaaaaarrr! Was going to see Over The Hedge last weekend too but just ran out of time.
4. What is your favourite TV show/s? Documentaries. I don't know why but I could endlessly watch nature doco's. One day when I was sick I just curled up in bed and put all three of my brother's BBC doco's on and sulked under the covers. Any documentary done by David Attenborough. Perhaps I just have a thing for his voice.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Toast and maaaaaybe cereal if I have time enough to wake up properly, usually though I can't stomch much straight after waking up and I go fetch a juice or a smoothie or something healthyish while at work.
6. What is your favourite cuisine? I don't really have one. I'm a big fan of my mother's porcupine meatballs :P but thats about it.
7. What is your middle name? pass
8. What food do you dislike? Like all children I'm not a huge fan of brussel sprouts or asparagus. I'll eat them under sufference just because I know they're good for me, but only if there's just a few on my plate.
9. What is your favourite CD at the moment? Hawksley Workman - Treeful of Starling, and Ben Folds - Songs For Silverman are presently alternating on my CD player.
10. What kind of car do you drive? The Buccaneer. Suzuki APV
11. Favourite sandwiches? Rolls with lots of ham or beef or chicken and then a truckload of salad and honey mustard -- yeah I'm a subway girl can you tell?
12. What characteristic do you despise? Hardcore stupidity or extreme lack of common sense.
13. Favourite item of clothing? My fedora or any of my peaked caps - I think the green plaid one is my fav.
14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation? Canada or UK
15. What colour is your bathroom? Blue and green with some weird and abhorrant florally print... it really really is overdue for renov's.l
16. Favourite brand of clothing? Feh, brands.
17. Where would you retire? Not somewhere humid where most old people end up. Screw the joints, let them ache, I hate the humidity. And when I'm old, I'll hate it more.
18. What was your most memorable birthday? Probly my 21st cos we all dressed up - and I was a pirate - and we jammed.
19. Favourite sport to watch? Ice hockey? I don't really watch sports, but thats the only game I have willingly paid to go see.
20. Furthest place you are sending this? Well I'm sending and posting this up, so who knows where it will end up.
21. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Most of those who read it.
22 Person you expect to send it back first? Probably no one, as we all are busy chickens.
24. When is your birthday? November
25. Are you a morning person or a night person? Used to be a night person, now I work and have to go to bed early. Still, I'm waaaaaay not a morning person. Ick.
26. What's your shoe size? Mens 6 Womens 9... i think? I dunno, whichever fit when I try them on? Bleh I hate shoe shopping. HATE IT!
27. Pets: A fossil cat. I dreamt he got taken away the other night and I cried.
28. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? No, I'm boring. Ben Folds in September! And I go to Melbourne on break. Roll on September!
29 What did you want to be when you were little? I remember drawing me-at-21 when I was about maybe 9. I was boarding a plane and had a suitcase full of stickers from different places all over it. I wish I knew where that got to. I also was wearing a headband *shudder*
30. How are you today? Tired. My cabin so is NOT worth what I'm paying for it and has no heater aside from a tiny fan-heater. So yeah, I slept well :z
31. What is your favourite candy/chocolate? I am very loyal to Cadburys, and whatever that good choc in Japan was. Damn I wish I had kept the label so I could find it.
32. What is your favourite flower? Gerbras and tulips. They're purty and cheerful.
33. What is a date on the calendar you are looking forward to? Sept 24th - annual leave!
34. Are you married? Eww.
35. Do you enjoy your job? I get paid to play with toys and costumes and often wear a pirate hat and a sword.... what do you think?
36. When's the last time you lied to someone? What was it about? Probably a customer, the ones with little shit kids and it's their fault cos they suck at disciplining them and at the end of the sitting I have to say 'Thank you for bringing them in, they were lovely!' or something to that effect.
37. What are your chances of getting laid on the weekend? Who knows? :P
38. Do you say 'Bless You' when people sneeze? Always, I don't know why. More to be polite than to support whatever story is behind it.
39. Do you prefer Potato or Corn chips? Corn Chips ROCK!!!! I once ate a big bag of Doritos for dinner... okay that was before I was a little more healthy-minded. But damn it was good.
40. Whats the latest book you read / are reading? I made a determined effort to pick up Chronicles of Narnia again this week. I started reading it on my first trip away for work and made a solid dent in it. Now I'm eager to finish it. I don't want it to be like The Time Machine and War of The Worlds still sitting there from the USA with a bookmark halfway through six months later.
Mt Gambier is full of inbreds. Just an observation.
Ok, not 100% populated by them, but it certainly has its fair share.
Not that I should bag it much, my cousin lives here somewhere. Yeah, *that* one. Hmm, okay no it does make sense. Her father is my estranged uncle, but her mother may've been a distant relative also. Hyuck hyuck.
My feet hurt. At least I'm working in a library today; comfy seats and internet close by. 15 new emails?? Do you people have nothing better to do than FWD crap to me while I'm gone?? Well good, cos you know I love it.
Be back monday nite. I'm working a couple days in Seaford next week, yay Apey! I will expect a cup of tea waiting for me at lunchtime.
We usually aim to get 12 customers per day. Today I did 21. As I just told 'Liza: "didnt get a break til 3pm, and ONLY cos i had to yell into the crowd that 'everyone after THIS woman here can piss off and come back later lest I be struck down dead by exhaustion entertaining your blasted kids'... or something to that effect." Also I didn't actually leave the store til 6:20pm, when I was supposed to be on til 5pm. Most of the customers were good; real people. Real people make the world such a better place. And make my day go by so much faster.
Sometimes I think I'm the Wolverine. Though try as I might I can't get the claws to come out properly; Tilt my wrist out a bit more and maybe I'll find I'm really Spiderman. Anyway, on to more important things. Just got home from Pt. Augusta. Enjoy your week, I'm le tired.
I think I just attract crazy people. Just one of those things I think. I can't think of anyone normal that's been interested in me... as in, no baggage or issues or otherwise problematic situations that makes being with them a tad difficult.
Katie has been getting into saying 'If I had told you in Year 12 that you'd be...' and ending it with all sorts of topics, followed by 'you'd have said I was crazy!'; topics mostly relating to my current field of work and its neccessary everyday interaction with children.
True enough. I used to adamantly say 'I hate kids'... despite the fact that I quite readily admitted I still was one - hehehe and STILL AM!!! ;)
But thankfully, after facepainting for ten years, then having a niece who acts like you are the greatest person on earth growing up around you, and now being a family portrait photographer, my tolerance for kids has grown over the past decade so that I actually don't mind them, as long as they're someone else's and I'm entertaining them.
Keep me donning the stupid hats and waving my floppy pirate sword and generally being silly getting smiles and I'll tell you that kids are fine. But give me a spoilt brat misbehaving and I'll happily hand it back to you.
Sometimes if I'd had a really good sitting with a kid who's just a plain champ - usually the little little ones are good, they think I'm funny - I'll hold them for a bit or let them play with my hands or face while their mum collects shoes and socks and bags and things. If the kid was a little shit, or even just average, I'll pretty much head straight back to the booth to write up the order.
Nice to see I haven't completely lost myself then :P
Today after work I dropped in to my brother's place. It turned out that they weren't home but I figured that they'd most likely be at Mum's so I headed there, only to find that I just missed them. Also, since for some reason it seems that family is going all hippy on me and making jewellery to sell at markets (yeah I've been out of the loop a looooong time I've discovered!) there was a bead-and-hematite bracelet waiting for me by my computer from them all.
So instead of crashing like I felt like doing I changed clothes and headed back to their house, where I spent the next couple hours playing with my 7-year-old niece; helping her read, 'sneaking up on daddy and scaring him', and playing pirates.
It's probly the most time I've spent with her without me her hyperactivity wearing me our and me regrettably brushing her off, but just us, since she was a toddler. I'm sure my brother and his partner appreciated the break too.
Pictured is a drawing she did for me tonight. It's going up on my wall and is already my desktop on the computer here.
A pirate picture for Aunty Poss*- I was so proud.
Note: All that aside, still a looooooong way off from ever wanting to be a mum.
Oh the thought makes me shudder, and it forever will.
*Aunty Poss: my childhood nickname of Possum with a new twist; all my brother's fault.