main banner
the pirate girl
 
Juste un peu de silence.

black, white
and the shades of grey in between

photo's by me :)


grey

This is just a blog for thoughts - songs that are speaking to me, pics from where I've been today, or projects on the drawing board.
Just a random outlet.
An area of free association.
Comments welcome - though anon's are discouraged please.
Enjoy your stay & come again.
Please note: The content of this blog does not represent the views of any organisations to which I belong.
disclaimer

pirate folder
the pirate girl

coeval happenings
reading: Moab is my Washpot - Stephen Fry
listening to: Napalm & Silly Putty - George Carlin
travelling/staying in: SA, NSW & Vic - depending when you catch me


Let's call today: 'Tuesday 27 July 2004'


pirategirl wrote in the notebook:
 
yes, it's me again..... well that's a stupid thing to say... of course it's me again... hmmm... ok... let me start over here...

ah who cares anyway? so hey everyone. i've been a slacko huh? sorry about that. coming home wet cold and muddy doesnt really leave me in a talkative mood. and right now everyone's in bed so i dont know if i'll stay long or not.

last night was a shitter. my stupid fucking mother and her stupid fucking views on same-sex relationships, not to mention the one i am currently in. i pretty much told her to stay out of it, that we gotta agree-to-disagree because she has admitted she doesnt understand, and i know she never will, so let it go.

she persisted - typical of my mother to say the least, after-thoughts are common occurrences, and it drags something that can be done in one or two sittings to last a whole day - so she got some honesty for a change, which i think startled her. but i'm sick of submitting and bending my will to appease her. i feel like i have tried to do everything she's wanted me to do and it's still not good enough. i have looked after her when no one else would, and when there was no one to look after me in turn. i have kept the level-headed one and been the one to give her advice when she gets upset over something.

sounds like a little role reversal doesnt it?

well friends, that is how it has been most of my life from about 12 onwards. i skipped being a teenager. i grew up when i was 13, being the emotional rock that was so badly needed in my house. by the time i was 17 more and more things began to pile up.

my nan got sicker and sicker, i was there.
my brother - and his partner - and his infant daughter - came to live with us, i was there.
the families fought, i was there.
they left again, i was there.
my nan lived with us, i was there.
my mum nursed her, i was there.
my dad moved out, i was there.
my nan died, i was there.
more families fought, i was there.

and they wondered why i loved escaping into schoolwork or books or films or esp travel.

and now it's my dad who's getting sick. and mum will care for him like she did her mother. but i wont... i cant... be there for her to lean on like i was before. ever since my nan finally died, i havent been able to, and i think somewhere inside she's always hated me for it. then since i travelled, i found freedom and independence, only to come back here, and i think she's somewhere inside she's always hated me for it.

so, soon it's time to go. and leave this place, this sanctuary and this prison. My room sometimes being my only refuge, i understand what it's like for people who share houses. "I was dismayed to find my fortress so small, and could be invaded so easily." When i wrote that for a novel, it came from the very soul of me. and even today, it still rings true.

i hate it here.

soon, mum will buy another investment property, and i will move into that, just as her son and his current partner has done. and it will be the greatest gift she could give me.

i found some verse i had written, in a folder amid my old uni work. they're not here right now, but next time i have them, i'll post them here.

then, as now, way down i was not a very happy real life girl.

am i unhappy now? yes, right right now, i am. but generally in myself i'm not really that unhappy. i am much more content where i'm at now than at many other points in my life. and that's the result of a many number of things.

things do happen for the better, even tho they may never seem like it at the time. despite what you believe, there is some higher power at work. call it karma, call it god, call it the earth, call it magic pixies fiddling with your shit, but whatever it is... the big picture and retrospect shows that everything happens for a reason, and everyone has a purpose.

i can get quite profound late at night can't i?

it's now 11:15, which means its taken me 47 minutes to write this. and i wont deny that i was teary through some of it. if you could hear the few tapes i have when, as a teenager, i would pour my heart out into the cassette recorder, you would hear the painful sound of deep anguish from someone very sad. when i listen to her or even think of who i was then. my eyes always go blurry.

right on cue.

i am going to sleep now. i dont think i want to think anymore tonight.

dont you just love rutts?


10:28 pm | Post A Comment... >

 
   
 
 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


blogs, projects & other links:
under construction after gremlins attacked this sidebar

mine sweeper
zombie skittles
under my umbrella
jason b standing
hyperbole and a half
geekologie
postsecret
you are not a photographer
geek with curves
boobiethon

untitled experimental dating site outlet blog
captain's log
the scribe
the NEW amount
big unit studios

20 things i learned about browsers & the web
that's not cool - anti online/textual harassment support



music, art & inspiration:
avaste music
lior
ben folds
hawksley workman
missy higgins
BLACKNAIL
wandering minstrels
annelizabeth
xavier rudd
more coming - goddam gremlins ruined my linksbar!!!! >.<

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from a real life girl. Make your own badge here.

Free Web Counters thanks to imageshack.us
::i love to love and love to be loved::


eBay Sniper


This blog is now 7 years old!!

archives:

  • December 2002
  • January 2004
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • June 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • November 2012