main banner
the pirate girl
 
Juste un peu de silence.

black, white
and the shades of grey in between

photo's by me :)


grey

This is just a blog for thoughts - songs that are speaking to me, pics from where I've been today, or projects on the drawing board.
Just a random outlet.
An area of free association.
Comments welcome - though anon's are discouraged please.
Enjoy your stay & come again.
Please note: The content of this blog does not represent the views of any organisations to which I belong.
disclaimer

pirate folder
the pirate girl

coeval happenings
reading: Moab is my Washpot - Stephen Fry
listening to: Napalm & Silly Putty - George Carlin
travelling/staying in: SA, NSW & Vic - depending when you catch me


Let's call today: 'Friday 10 September 2004'


pirategirl wrote in the notebook:
 
behold, my long overdue return!
hoorah i hear you say! hoorah!

welcome back vicki my friend, oh how i missed your fantastic quips of witty humor and talented writing - even though you just spelled 'humor' like a fucking American, but nevermind for we love you so - and please dont ever go away again!

Anyone seen the atrocity film 'Ned' (2003)?
This is what I just heard from it:

Bartender: "what'll ya have?"
Ned: "umm..... a shot of something..... how bout a cock sucking cowboy?"

*enter gay cowboy stripper to the theme of Its Raining Men*

HOW COOL! I LIKE IT.

oh i had so much to say - so much to share with you whilst i've been gone but alas my poor computer died waaaaaaa

so, i shall enlighten the ignorant masses with a survey that everyone hates - err loves... well i do so ner!

1. What time did you get up this morning? umm, woke up or got up? cos theyre really 2 different things!

2. Diamonds or pearls? Neither really, but diamonds if i had to choose - pretty and hard... like me.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Village by M. Night Shyamalan.... hmmmmm scary?

4. What is your favourite TV show? Would have to be Simpsons of course

5. What did you have for breakfast? Rice Bubbles and Tea

6. What is your middle name? Blerrr Louise.

7. What is your favourite cuisine? Hmmmmm.... way too many answers.

8. What food's do you dislike? Not a big fan of parsnips or radishes!

9. What is your favourite crisp flavour? Y'mean chips? Umm Salt and Vinegar!!

10. What is your favourite CD at the moment? My mixed Ben Folds CD is kinda being played alot lately.

11. What kind of car do you drive? '86(?) Ford Laser. Bright and Shiny and RED!

12. Favourite sandwich? Mmmm ham and mustard and mayo.... nummy

13. What characteristic do you despise? Any of mine? Maybe those people that just whine for the sake of hearing their own voice and getting sympathy... oh and people who do things just to get noticed... like cutters who arent really cutters but just do it so they show their 'scars'. Fake people in general.

14. Favourite item of clothing? My denim jacket with the woolly inside - and my faux fur coat mmmm warmmmmmmmm.

15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? UK... or maybe Peru provided David never left my side and translated and was there for me to snog.... umm... i mean... hmmm...

16. What colour is your bathroom? Greeeeeeeeeeen tiles and Blue walls. It needs to be renovated though.

17. Favourite brand of clothing? Wave Runner... oh and 'Reef Breaker' or something... whatever GOLO sells :P

18. Where would you retire to? Somewhere nice and sunny and warm.

19. Favourite time of the day? Twilight. It's purty.

20. What was your most memorable birthday? Ummm i remember my 7th was at the zoo.... hopefully this one coming up will be coooooool - woohoo the old age of 21.

21. Where were you born? Bedford Park, South Australia.

22. Favourite sport to watch? I quite liked snowmobile racing in the USA.

23. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Well.... I'm posting this soooo.... everyone???

24. Person you expect to send it back first? Anyone that forgets that this is a site post not an email?? And not even I have friends that stupid! (please dont prove me wrong, fans).

25. What fabric detergent do you use? I am quite partial to Woolwash - mmmmm fuzzy.

26. Coke or Pepsi? Coke definately.

27. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night Owl - tho not by much. But I'm definately not a morning person - I never used to be this bad - and not as bad as some *ahem* carly....

28. What is your shoe size? ummm Men's 7... ladies.....9? i think...

29. Do you have any pets? A poor sore paw puddy who doesnt like this cold weather :(

30. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with your family & friends? Umm.... i like girls?... but you know that...

31. What did you want to be when you were little? A writer like my hero Roald Dahl and I'd illustrate my books. Aah the cartoonist still lives in me.

32. What are you meant to be doing today? I was meant to be working, and i did, then Ember and I went to the pub where I had two drinks and loosened up and started talking and talking and talking and now someone I work with knows more about me than I'd like, cos I always said no one at work would know me that well - even tho Ember is the closest thing to a friend at work.

Thats my survey.

So yeah, Ember just listened to me ramble and when I put down my head and told myself to stop talking she put her hands on mine and told me go on. I said 'you're hearing the world of vicki' and she patted my arm and told me she liked hearing it and that it's interesting. And when we left she hugged me and said goodbye and then "i'm glad i'm your friend".

I didnt really say anything, just sort of smiled, embarassed slightly about everything I had said about myself to her. It wasn't alot. Nothing all that revealing, I think I say more on here, but still, for some reason I just didn't want anyone I that work with knowing me so well, however small that amount may be. Still, Ember is different, I dont think anyone else from work would have gotten all that out of me.


9:48 pm | Post A Comment... >

 
   
 
 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


blogs, projects & other links:
under construction after gremlins attacked this sidebar

mine sweeper
zombie skittles
under my umbrella
jason b standing
hyperbole and a half
geekologie
postsecret
you are not a photographer
geek with curves
boobiethon

untitled experimental dating site outlet blog
captain's log
the scribe
the NEW amount
big unit studios

20 things i learned about browsers & the web
that's not cool - anti online/textual harassment support



music, art & inspiration:
avaste music
lior
ben folds
hawksley workman
missy higgins
BLACKNAIL
wandering minstrels
annelizabeth
xavier rudd
more coming - goddam gremlins ruined my linksbar!!!! >.<

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from a real life girl. Make your own badge here.

Free Web Counters thanks to imageshack.us
::i love to love and love to be loved::


eBay Sniper


This blog is now 7 years old!!

archives:

  • December 2002
  • January 2004
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • June 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • November 2012