main banner
the pirate girl
 
Juste un peu de silence.

black, white
and the shades of grey in between

photo's by me :)


grey

This is just a blog for thoughts - songs that are speaking to me, pics from where I've been today, or projects on the drawing board.
Just a random outlet.
An area of free association.
Comments welcome - though anon's are discouraged please.
Enjoy your stay & come again.
Please note: The content of this blog does not represent the views of any organisations to which I belong.
disclaimer

pirate folder
the pirate girl

coeval happenings
reading: Moab is my Washpot - Stephen Fry
listening to: Napalm & Silly Putty - George Carlin
travelling/staying in: SA, NSW & Vic - depending when you catch me


Let's call today: 'Saturday 17 September 2005'


pirategirl wrote in the notebook:
 

Honey I'm home!
what's up with blogger's photos?
i'm uploading the pic's from Mt Buller into an online album for the bandwidth challenged. we'll see how that goes.

So there was no skiing or toboganning for me - i didnt want to ski by myself and the staff were... well... Victorians... meaning they didnt have a very welcoming personality, if any at all. same goes for all the rich tourists.
you could so tell Dad and I didnt belong. Well I could. We were personable people that brought their own food and paid by cash not credit card for even small things and thanked people that held doors open for us.

the nicest people i met were:

  • the girl with the braces who had only been working there for a few days and was very apologetic that she didnt know where everything was yet. dad and i liked her and told her to take her time.
  • the lady who checked us in - she was from regional South Australia anyway so enough said - hers was the first geniune smile I saw all that first day of travelling.
  • the man who pulled his two daughters along up the small slope and let them 'ski' down then collected them and did it all again, and again, and again, and again.

So the trip turned into just a rare opportunity for me to take plenty of artsy snow pics. I got some pretty good ones too if I do say so myself :)



I'm all achey cos yesterday and the day before was full of lots of walking, and yesterday I dragged Dad up to the summit. Halfway up we heard the shuttle coming and he asked if we were going to take the bus. I shouted 'I'm not takin the bus yet, I'm gonna conquer this little fucker!'

Lastnite
I'm also achey cos no more than 30mins after getting home, wolfing down something to eat, changing my clothes and getting ready, I headed off with basky and basil to The Ed Castle Hotel to watch Cleo Cosmopolitan be her sexy sexy self - next week hopefully there'll be a multimedia spectacular performance by Cleo with help from yours truly - where I had my ass grabbed by a not-quite-as-freaky-as-the-last-one-there lesbian, and Basky and I were caught staring longingly at the 2 sexy sexy sexy gay boys dancing in front of us. I remember saying I wanted to sidle in and dance between them. It was like watching a Babylon scene of Queer As Folk live.

Mmmmmmmmm sexy gay cowboys dancing.....*slap*

Huh? Oh yeah.

Then to Worlds End to mingle with drunk people on a pub crawl where we met Tom the elvin boy and Bernard aka "fabio", amongst others.
There was drinking and merriment and some sidelong snogging and some sort of game involving a clothes peg and Bernard's clothes/hair/nose which I couldnt follow properly but Basil seemed to excelling at, and a game of pass the shoe... yes I don't know either, I just passed it along the table as instructed.

At about 2am a girl in the group who I think was german saw me yawning and rubbing my eyes and said I was tired. I agreed and reluctantly told Basil that I needed sleep and if it was ok we should go.

We left a drunken Basky in the custody of Elvin boy and I ruffled both their hair and told them we were off. I had to wave thru the window to some others as we left and then a boy in line for a place across the road waved too and was happy and gave me a thumbs-up when I waved back: There are people more odd than I.

Back in the car Basil told me that she was really Jesus. But I knew that already.
Then I dropped her home, crawled into bed, read The Pirate and The Pig that Basky gave me earlier, giggled and passed out exhausted into dreamland.

Whilst in dreamland, Basil invented a special rocket that she called a Sprocket and its steering mechanism was a joystick like those on arcade games, and it was rather Glass Elevatorish in the means that we shot up and then flew over the neighbourhood. The view was very nice. After my ride in the Sprocket I stood on the lawn with her mum while she took off again trying to tell her mum that she had invented something really good but her mum didnt really seem to realise that her daughter HAD INVENTED A ROCKET IN HER BACKYARD!

bah! parents!

Then I woke up and demand that Basil really invent the Sprocket. She somewhat relunctantly agreed.

I shall expect a ride on the new Sprocket soon.


2:38 pm | Post A Comment... >

 
   
 
 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


blogs, projects & other links:
under construction after gremlins attacked this sidebar

mine sweeper
zombie skittles
under my umbrella
jason b standing
hyperbole and a half
geekologie
postsecret
you are not a photographer
geek with curves
boobiethon

untitled experimental dating site outlet blog
captain's log
the scribe
the NEW amount
big unit studios

20 things i learned about browsers & the web
that's not cool - anti online/textual harassment support



music, art & inspiration:
avaste music
lior
ben folds
hawksley workman
missy higgins
BLACKNAIL
wandering minstrels
annelizabeth
xavier rudd
more coming - goddam gremlins ruined my linksbar!!!! >.<

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from a real life girl. Make your own badge here.

Free Web Counters thanks to imageshack.us
::i love to love and love to be loved::


eBay Sniper


This blog is now 7 years old!!

archives:

  • December 2002
  • January 2004
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • June 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • November 2012