This is just a blog for thoughts - songs that are speaking to me, pics from where I've been today, or projects on the drawing board. Just a random outlet. An area of free association. Comments welcome - though anon's are discouraged please. Enjoy your stay & come again. Please note: The content of this blog does not represent the views of any organisations to which I belong. disclaimer
the pirate girl
coeval happenings reading: Moab is my Washpot - Stephen Fry listening to:Napalm & Silly Putty - George Carlin travelling/staying in:SA, NSW & Vic - depending when you catch me
Let's call today: 'Friday, 21 July 2006'
wrote in the notebook:
Meh, just so you know I am still alive.
1. What time did you get up this morning? I got a sleep-in cos the library I'm at today got times wrong so I came in late! Woohoo to them!
2. Diamonds or pearls? Niether, but if you had to give me anything, diamonds - they're apparently a girl's best friend and who am I to argue?.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest! Yaaaaaaaaaaarrr! Was going to see Over The Hedge last weekend too but just ran out of time.
4. What is your favourite TV show/s? Documentaries. I don't know why but I could endlessly watch nature doco's. One day when I was sick I just curled up in bed and put all three of my brother's BBC doco's on and sulked under the covers. Any documentary done by David Attenborough. Perhaps I just have a thing for his voice.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Toast and maaaaaybe cereal if I have time enough to wake up properly, usually though I can't stomch much straight after waking up and I go fetch a juice or a smoothie or something healthyish while at work.
6. What is your favourite cuisine? I don't really have one. I'm a big fan of my mother's porcupine meatballs :P but thats about it.
7. What is your middle name? pass
8. What food do you dislike? Like all children I'm not a huge fan of brussel sprouts or asparagus. I'll eat them under sufference just because I know they're good for me, but only if there's just a few on my plate.
9. What is your favourite CD at the moment? Hawksley Workman - Treeful of Starling, and Ben Folds - Songs For Silverman are presently alternating on my CD player.
10. What kind of car do you drive? The Buccaneer. Suzuki APV
11. Favourite sandwiches? Rolls with lots of ham or beef or chicken and then a truckload of salad and honey mustard -- yeah I'm a subway girl can you tell?
12. What characteristic do you despise? Hardcore stupidity or extreme lack of common sense.
13. Favourite item of clothing? My fedora or any of my peaked caps - I think the green plaid one is my fav.
14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation? Canada or UK
15. What colour is your bathroom? Blue and green with some weird and abhorrant florally print... it really really is overdue for renov's.l
16. Favourite brand of clothing? Feh, brands.
17. Where would you retire? Not somewhere humid where most old people end up. Screw the joints, let them ache, I hate the humidity. And when I'm old, I'll hate it more.
18. What was your most memorable birthday? Probly my 21st cos we all dressed up - and I was a pirate - and we jammed.
19. Favourite sport to watch? Ice hockey? I don't really watch sports, but thats the only game I have willingly paid to go see.
20. Furthest place you are sending this? Well I'm sending and posting this up, so who knows where it will end up.
21. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Most of those who read it.
22 Person you expect to send it back first? Probably no one, as we all are busy chickens.
24. When is your birthday? November
25. Are you a morning person or a night person? Used to be a night person, now I work and have to go to bed early. Still, I'm waaaaaay not a morning person. Ick.
26. What's your shoe size? Mens 6 Womens 9... i think? I dunno, whichever fit when I try them on? Bleh I hate shoe shopping. HATE IT!
27. Pets: A fossil cat. I dreamt he got taken away the other night and I cried.
28. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? No, I'm boring. Ben Folds in September! And I go to Melbourne on break. Roll on September!
29 What did you want to be when you were little? I remember drawing me-at-21 when I was about maybe 9. I was boarding a plane and had a suitcase full of stickers from different places all over it. I wish I knew where that got to. I also was wearing a headband *shudder*
30. How are you today? Tired. My cabin so is NOT worth what I'm paying for it and has no heater aside from a tiny fan-heater. So yeah, I slept well :z
31. What is your favourite candy/chocolate? I am very loyal to Cadburys, and whatever that good choc in Japan was. Damn I wish I had kept the label so I could find it.
32. What is your favourite flower? Gerbras and tulips. They're purty and cheerful.
33. What is a date on the calendar you are looking forward to? Sept 24th - annual leave!
34. Are you married? Eww.
35. Do you enjoy your job? I get paid to play with toys and costumes and often wear a pirate hat and a sword.... what do you think?
36. When's the last time you lied to someone? What was it about? Probably a customer, the ones with little shit kids and it's their fault cos they suck at disciplining them and at the end of the sitting I have to say 'Thank you for bringing them in, they were lovely!' or something to that effect.
37. What are your chances of getting laid on the weekend? Who knows? :P
38. Do you say 'Bless You' when people sneeze? Always, I don't know why. More to be polite than to support whatever story is behind it.
39. Do you prefer Potato or Corn chips? Corn Chips ROCK!!!! I once ate a big bag of Doritos for dinner... okay that was before I was a little more healthy-minded. But damn it was good.
40. Whats the latest book you read / are reading? I made a determined effort to pick up Chronicles of Narnia again this week. I started reading it on my first trip away for work and made a solid dent in it. Now I'm eager to finish it. I don't want it to be like The Time Machine and War of The Worlds still sitting there from the USA with a bookmark halfway through six months later.