main banner
the pirate girl
 
Juste un peu de silence.

black, white
and the shades of grey in between

photo's by me :)


grey

This is just a blog for thoughts - songs that are speaking to me, pics from where I've been today, or projects on the drawing board.
Just a random outlet.
An area of free association.
Comments welcome - though anon's are discouraged please.
Enjoy your stay & come again.
Please note: The content of this blog does not represent the views of any organisations to which I belong.
disclaimer

pirate folder
the pirate girl

coeval happenings
reading: Moab is my Washpot - Stephen Fry
listening to: Napalm & Silly Putty - George Carlin
travelling/staying in: SA, NSW & Vic - depending when you catch me


Let's call today: 'Friday 12 January 2007'


pirategirl wrote in the notebook:
 
Old Bush Inn

Lastnite Eli and I played at the Bushy, not all that well, but hey Blister in The Sun went down well so it wasn't all bad. And after 2 shots of tequila once we'd done our set I obtained a better outlook of it all :P

But that's not the funny part.
It seems that everytime we go to the Bushy, we encounter a scary lady of some sort.

Last fortnight it was Mrs McPositive, getting slowly tanked and telling me that everyone was shit and asking if I really liked listening to Bonnie's aunt & co rockin out on guitar and accordian... which incidently yes yes I did.

The fortnight before I had an older lady who had confessed to using alot of substances in her day staring at me and joining in our conversations and saying 'I knew you'd been to America, I could feel it" and other such ramblings that led me to say to Eli 'NO! I will not be the vicki-meat in her and her husband's love sandwich!!'

Last nite Tanya had just arrived and we got a drink and sat down and a lady came up and started talking to her. Because of the music I couldn't hear the conversation, but I assumed it was someone she knew. The lady started gently pulling at Tanya's elbow and Tanya appealed to us saying 'Noooo she's trying to set me up with some guy!' and we laughed thinking no more of it but I started listening this time...

Lady: just say hello! Just hello!
Tanya: no really, I've just got here. Maybe later...
Lady: come on (still pulling elbow)
Me: oh leave her alone, she's fine here (immediately regretting being cheeky with one of Tanya's friends)
Tanya: no, no, later
Lady: ok
(Lady wanders off)
Me: Who was that?
Tanya: I dont know!
Me: what, she just randomly started talking to you??
Tanya: she wanted to set me up with her son...
Me: Yeah ok that's scary.

Then a little while later she reappeared across from us and started motioning towards a guy at the bar. Tanya at this stage was sitting with us on the couch. Despite some remonstrating from her that she still wasn't interested, the lady made her way round the tables and came over and ended up standing in front of me, talking to Tanya sitting beside me. By this point I was no longer worried about being embarassing since Tanya didn't know this woman, and I put my arm around her.

Lady: come on, come over...
Tanya: no really
Me: will you go away? you're kinda scary...
Lady: (foccussed on Tanya not noticing me at all) come on
(Me and Tanya talking at once)
Lady: (noticing me talking to her and taking my elbow this time) you
Me: what? You want me to meet a guy?
Lady: yeah!
Me: Hmm I don't really like guys...
(Lady physically recoils and releases my arm, looking around a bit lost. The others laugh.)
Me: (laughing also) Gee, careful I may cough on you and then you'll catch it!!
Lady: (trying to brush it off, laughing awkwardly) Not one of those are ya?
Me: Yes. Yes I am actually.
(Lady stares. Others cacking it.)
Me: I'm serious.
Eli and someone else: She is.
(I put my arm around Tanya's shoulders again. Lady leaves silently)

That's the most hilarious response I've ever gotten.


10:46 am | Post A Comment... >

 
   
 
 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


blogs, projects & other links:
under construction after gremlins attacked this sidebar

mine sweeper
zombie skittles
under my umbrella
jason b standing
hyperbole and a half
geekologie
postsecret
you are not a photographer
geek with curves
boobiethon

untitled experimental dating site outlet blog
captain's log
the scribe
the NEW amount
big unit studios

20 things i learned about browsers & the web
that's not cool - anti online/textual harassment support



music, art & inspiration:
avaste music
lior
ben folds
hawksley workman
missy higgins
BLACKNAIL
wandering minstrels
annelizabeth
xavier rudd
more coming - goddam gremlins ruined my linksbar!!!! >.<

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from a real life girl. Make your own badge here.

Free Web Counters thanks to imageshack.us
::i love to love and love to be loved::


eBay Sniper


This blog is now 7 years old!!

archives:

  • December 2002
  • January 2004
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • June 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • November 2012