Let's call today: 'Wednesday, 7 February 2007'
wrote in the notebook:
Doing the panto Ali Baba was a good idea.
Not since Little Shop in 2002 have I met, and continued to hang out with, new and interesting people from a play. I still see Apey, Ness and Lex from Little Shop, we're always going to be partners in crime. It's kinda weird tho because I'm the granny of this new clique. Usually I'm the baby... hehe odd.
- I got involved in the theatre again
- We were running the show, not the Opus politicians (not that they didn't try, but Eli and I shot
her them down)
- Ted and I got inspired to pick up our previously deprioritized stage project that I'd started aaaaages ago.
- I became closely acquainted with a new bunch of rather cool people.
- It was a shock, but being a Stage Manager wasn't that bad... mostly.
Anyway, hopefully this rent-a-crowd stays glued together. I'd hate for it to be like so many other productions where we see each other for a little while, but eventually fall by the wayside.
My Disney experience is a great example of that. But as I blogged on my 'away' site Captain's Log, I kinda was expecting that to happen.
I declared long ago that the production that Ted and I are working on shall be cast entirely of my elite. I've mentally cast people from Little Shop, Ali Baba and Disney.
Anyway back to what I was talking about.
Old friends are awesome - I want that disclaimer straight upfront. I'm not replacing, just expanding hehehe.
But new friends are such an eye-opening experience. You learn new things about people and the world they live in and even about yourself.
I think what I'm saying in a mushy kind of way is simply that I'm glad of the new people I've met lately. I really do love them.
Pfft, yeah anyway.
To bed with me.
| Post A Comment... >