main banner
the pirate girl
 
Juste un peu de silence.

black, white
and the shades of grey in between

photo's by me :)


grey

This is just a blog for thoughts - songs that are speaking to me, pics from where I've been today, or projects on the drawing board.
Just a random outlet.
An area of free association.
Comments welcome - though anon's are discouraged please.
Enjoy your stay & come again.
Please note: The content of this blog does not represent the views of any organisations to which I belong.
disclaimer

pirate folder
the pirate girl

coeval happenings
reading: Moab is my Washpot - Stephen Fry
listening to: Napalm & Silly Putty - George Carlin
travelling/staying in: SA, NSW & Vic - depending when you catch me


Let's call today: 'Monday 5 February 2007'


pirategirl wrote in the notebook:
 
Yay!

Lastnight I did a truckload of work on the computer (editing and burning the backlog of stage productions) then as I left the computer to let the projects render I decided to flip through the channels before putting on a movie.
The last episode (my fav) of Tipping The Velvet was just starting! I was happy. Except it had been edited a little, I noticed that alot of things I liked in the episode had been but cut. But never mind. I'll treat myself to the DVD one day.

For some reason Florence reminds me of Emily... I don't know why, they're nothing alike.
Corset? The Era? No idea.

My second corset came today. It's not as nice as the gold one that I still need to fix. And today we made a pattern off the bustier I hired for Saturday night... woohoo I was a smexy pirate girl... with a touch of gypsy thanks to the skirt, and Eli's fedora fitted kinda nicely too.

Tanya, Lex and Apey couldn't come, and Ness never got back to me. But we had our clique from the panto. Like-minded fools are we.

Emily and Ashton came, and so did Ted and Nafes. Yay. After a while, I think the latter had left, the remainder of our party were involved in such a huge 'you're so cool' fest that I observed "this is just going to turn into one big orgy isn't it?". They laughed, I was funny. Actually we were all firing the jokes well. Come to think of it, we're a well-matched group for that.

We were amused by the brace-necked tapper again - she tapped on our table - and Dirk danced with her. She also observed that Ted and Nafes didn't seem to be the dancer type and I nearly cacked my head off. How far off the mark. Perhaps they passed for straight boys?

The nice girl there remembered me *sigh*. So I spoke to her again a little, and got smiles.
Pfft, she's no doubt just being a friendly bar tender... it's her job to be nice.
My mum wants me to ask her out.
My mum evidently doesn't know how to play things slow and cool ;)
The poor girl doesnt even know my name! And I know nothing about her other than her name, that she's fun to watch making those Absynthe drinks Dirk and Eli got with the sparkly cinnamon (a Flaming Faerie), and that she goes to Mars (Dirk told me her saw her and liked her hair hehe)...

Not a huge fan of Mars. Been invited there Friday night.

After Boho we went to the Ed Castle but declared 'the Ed was dead'.
Eli and Dirk amused themselves by dancing alone on stage as wooden puppet dolls... I'm told I'm to be their Gepetto spruiker for the Fringe parade.

Oh oh I forgot!
Before we left, Eli and I met at Dirk's place to get ready and we met some of his 'friends'. As soon as they walked in the door they slagged what he was wearing - which Eli and I disagreed highly with because he was looking spunky! (Boys in corsets... sigh). I voiced this opinion and the girl in the Dorothy shoes told me I had poor judgement. For Dirk's sake I didn't reply as I wanted, which was something along the lines of "Evidently so does Dirk cos he said you were cool cos you had ruby slippers! Take them off, you're not worthy to wear them! And get out if you're going to slag off your apparent 'friend' and not let him be his spunky self!"
Or words to that effect.
Instead, Eli and I just exchanged glances of 'What the hell?' and Eli rode with me so we could bitch about them.

When we were at Boho they kept to themselves and didnt socilaize with us at all, then later they left cos they "weren't having fun", then later still Dirk received a text saying that he was now kicked out of their cool group.
I think I wet myself laughing.
He reflected that they never let him be himself and I told him not to mourn, cos we're his mates now and we love him. Then we all mass-hugged him and told him welcome to the Dark Side muhahahahahaha. I think that's when I made the orgy comment, as we were all on a couch upstairs in The Boudir. I think Emily said she was moving in... I knew she'd like it.

We must like our gay couches.

Warning: Unrelated content.
Today I got a call from GFP Studios asking for an interview. So this week I find out about the first job I went for, and Friday I have an interview for another. And tomorrow I'm supposed to go to Work Skil to register with them again so they can apparently help me find a job... not that they have EVER done so the 2 times I've been required to join them previously. Centrelink has stupid rules. I feel like going there tomorrow and saying "I'm only here cos Centrelink is making me, I'm doing fine by myself thanks, can we just not and say we did?"


2:09 pm | Post A Comment... >

 
   
 
 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


blogs, projects & other links:
under construction after gremlins attacked this sidebar

mine sweeper
zombie skittles
under my umbrella
jason b standing
hyperbole and a half
geekologie
postsecret
you are not a photographer
geek with curves
boobiethon

untitled experimental dating site outlet blog
captain's log
the scribe
the NEW amount
big unit studios

20 things i learned about browsers & the web
that's not cool - anti online/textual harassment support



music, art & inspiration:
avaste music
lior
ben folds
hawksley workman
missy higgins
BLACKNAIL
wandering minstrels
annelizabeth
xavier rudd
more coming - goddam gremlins ruined my linksbar!!!! >.<

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from a real life girl. Make your own badge here.

Free Web Counters thanks to imageshack.us
::i love to love and love to be loved::


eBay Sniper


This blog is now 7 years old!!

archives:

  • December 2002
  • January 2004
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • June 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • August 2010
  • September 2010
  • October 2010
  • December 2010
  • January 2011
  • February 2011
  • March 2011
  • April 2011
  • May 2011
  • June 2011
  • July 2011
  • November 2012